The ChatGPT chatbot compels us to believe that the enticing technology we saw in movies has arrived!!!
The all new AI powered ChatGPT released by OpenAI has gathered more than a million users in less than a week.
ChatGPT defines itself as following:
“ChatGPT is a variant of the GPT-3 (Generative Pretentious Transformer-3) language model that is specifically designed for conversational language generation. It is a state-of-the-art natural language processing model that can generate human-like responses to text inputs, allowing it to engage in open-ended conversations on a wide range of topics. ChatGPT is trained on a massive amount of text data, allowing it to understand and generate a wide range of human language, making it a powerful tool for natural language understanding and generation tasks.”
Whilst OpenAI website states:
“We trained this model using Reinforcement Learning from Human Feedback (RLHF), using the same methods as InstructGPT, but with slight differences in the data collection setup. We trained an initial model using supervised fine-tuning: human AI trainers provided conversations in which they played both sides — the user and an AI assistant. We gave the trainers access to model-written suggestions to help them compose their responses.”
How has ChatGPT overshadowed all other Tech news on Social Media?
People are taken aback with the expressive and well articulated answers to their questions by ChatGPT. The ChatGPT Model interacts with a human-like conversational style by providing answers and solutions to users’ questions and instructions respectively. It is also capable of forming answers based on previous questions asked by a user to enhance user experience.
Its ability to effectively write and debug code is its most sought-after feature. Not only ChatGPT can spot bugs but also explain them when the code snippet is provided by the user. It can successfully write code in several programming languages.
It can gracefully write emails, essays, poems and even lyrics for a song. A user is required to provide all necessary details like name of the mail recipient, context, theme and other attributes to make it more personalized.
ChatGpt is also capable of responding in several languages.
OpenAI has admitted “The dialogue format makes it possible for ChatGPT to answer followup questions, admit its mistakes, challenge incorrect premises, and reject inappropriate requests.”
Nonetheless, its popularity is hard to dim!
Limitations : Evidently, ChatGPT has its own flaws.
1. Fails to give answers specific to questions about the similar topics which leads to ambiguity.
For example, the answers to the questions “What is google?” and “Who created Google?” are identical.
2. It prompts an error when encountering certain keywords like “current” but answers precisely after rephrasing the question.
For example, ChatGPT fails to answer “Who is the current President of the USA?” but answers correctly when asked “Who is the President of the USA?”
3. ChatGPT shows a lack of Data in several areas including :
- Finance (currency conversion, average income, GDPs, etc.)
- Advanced Technology
- Complex Math Problems
- Popular Trends
4. It responds to straightforward questions with incorrect answers even after multiple attempts. Moreover, it falls short to provide pretext and basis to support its answers.
Here’s what it looks like..
5. Eventually, ChatGPT falls off due to too many requests. On 7th Dec 2022, it was down for several hours. Since its release, it has been temporarily unavailable at several times, prompted errors and has gotten slow causing disruptions in user experiences.
However, the OpenAI team has assured its users that they are constantly working on fixing these issues.
ChatGPT Feedback :
The OpenAI team keenly accepts feedback on their Discord server (https://discord.gg/openai).